Thursday, August 11, 2011

Smore Fun


Hi scrappers, how are you? I hope you all have been enjoying your summer, I certainly have! Although it took awhile for summer to show up here in the NW it eventually came around and it's been beautiful. My family, which included myself, my parents and my brothers and their families spent an amazing week at the beach. Oh and how could I forget my beautiful girl Ellie? She loves the beach, especially running, jumping and cooling off in the ocean. The sun was shining and we had a blast! Our evenings were filled with games, a movie and a fire every night...yes, every night. And if you have a fire, you have to have smores!

This layout tells the story of my nephew creating his own "perfect" smore. Personally I like a nice crispy brown smore that's nice and gooey on the inside, but Micah just likes to burn his!


For the left side of my LO I cut that cute little car and sign post from the 'Campin' Critters' cricut cartridge. Instead of cutting out sentiments on my cricut I decided to use stamps. I love how my sign post turned out. To rough it up a little I crumpled it, used my Tim Holtz distressing tool and then inked the edges.


The die cuts on the right hand page are from 'Campin' Critters' as well. I created a chipboard effect on my title by cutting multiple layers of each letter and adhering them together.


A side view of the left page. Here you can see the dimension and texture on the car. I used buttons for the wheels and rhinestones for the lights on the front of the car. I also adhered some vellum to the car to create windows.


A close up of my sign post, didn't it turn out great. I'm really happy with it. I thought about embossing it for more texture, but decided against it. I was afraid the embossing might make it difficult to read the stamps.


I added a couple of orange pearls and twine to the title.


I'm hoping you can see the dimension of the marshmallow in this picture. Aren't those little guys around the fire just too cute! Such a fun cartridge.

Details:
  • Pattern Paper-Fancy Pants 'Beach Bum'
  • Solid Cardstock-Papertrey Ink
  • Campin' Critters Cartridge-bear cut at 3-inches, porcupine cut at 2.75-inches, car cut at 3.75-inches
  • Create A Critter-fire cut at 2-inches
  • Mickey Font Cartridge-"smore" cut at 2-inches
  • Holiday Cakes Cartridge-"fun" cut at 2-inches
  • Stickers-Crate Paper
  • Brads-Sassafras
  • Stamps-Technique Tuesday 'Get Outside' and 'A Date With Ali' by Ali Edwards and 'Noah Alphabet' by Maya Road
  • Scallop Punch-Stampin' Up!
  • Old Lace Glimmer Mist
  • Buttons-Stampin' Up!
  • Ink-Jenni Bowlin
  • Deco Art Snow Writer (white) on marshmallow
  • Glossy Accents
  • Pearls-Prima
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you've been inspired to create a layout of your own summer fun. See you soon.

6 comments:

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

What a cute layout! I love the button tires

Madison said...

This layout is so cute:) Love your design- the sentiments you used and how you placed them on the page). It all works so nicely together. The pictures are adorable! Looks like someone was having fun. TFS and thanks for joining us again this week at Cooking With Cricut.
~Madison CWC DT funkycards.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Adorable layout! Love all of the details you included and your pictures are so cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Jen said...

Fantastic LO, Kate! Your nephew eats s'mores like my daughter does! I love all the little details. Thanks for linking up with us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I like your Porcupine S'more image. I had fun creating mine. I like Tim Holtz items and distressed a cowgirl hat today on a Western card to give it the worn look.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I have got to get on my computer more often! I somehow missed this awesome layout. It is just too cool and look at those photos! AWESOME! FUN - FUN - FUN!