Monday, October 24, 2011

A Book Of Lists

Hello my scrappy friends. Recently I've heard a lot of ideas for capturing all the fun and excitement of the upcoming holiday season; daily journals, a picture a day, etc. And while I like all of those projects, they don't seem attainable for me...I'm just being realistic. But I found another fabulous and interesting way to document the joy of the season, lists!

Yep that's right, lists. Now I will admit I love to make lists, yes it's part of my Type A personality, but these list are more fun than the general "to do" lists. Topics included in this file are:' The perfect Thanksgiving meal does not include', 'The people in my life who are probably the most thankful for me', 'The perfect winter day includes', 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas when', 'Childhood Christmas traditions I'll always remember', and many more. You can find this ebook at Ella Publishing and lots of other great stuff.

Now confession time, I had to scrap the idea of a tutorial today when I realized I didn't really know how to use my Cinch. It turns out I need a little more practice, lol. Anyway, here is the final product.


I think it will be really fun to not only answer these questions myself, but to ask family members to do it as well. I can either add pictures to this book and create a "real" mini album or remove the lists and add them to my scrapbook.


Details:
Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye "Holly Jolly"
Cricut: Kate's ABC's (book, lists) cut at 1.25-inches and Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake Art (A, Of) cut at 1-inch
Fancy Pants Rub-ons
Aqua Mist Grosgrain Ribbon from Papertrey Ink
White Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot
Prima Eline Pearls
Twine from Papertrey Ink
Star Charm: My Mind's Eye Bits and Pieces

I hope you enjoyed this project. Perhaps you can create something similar to store all the wonderful memories and traditions that we create during the holidays. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Great idea. And yours turned out so well. Love the paint. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kate this is a wonderful idea especially for this time of year. Great book, I love the colors you chose it looks so festive. TFS

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

I love this idea. I'm a list maker too, but never thought to keep my lists in such a beautiful book. thank you for the idea.

AllisonF (Goody Bag Diva) said...

what a fab idea! love it!

Michelle said...

This is a great idea Kate - some of the things on your lists would be a great help as journalling starters or titles for scrapbooking.