Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Card to Wall Art


Hi blogging friends. The other week my SIL asked if I could make her a couple cards for 2 baby showers she was attending, which by the way I forgot to take pictures of. I was a little extra excited because I got to make "girlie" cards. They were a big hit by the way! One of her friends that was at the shower is also pregnant, and asked if I could make one for her as well. She loved it and wanted to hang it on the wall in the baby's room. She doesn't know yet if she is having a boy or girl, but thought the card had a good mix of colors and it would fit in either way.
I decided to make it 5x7in. instead of the standard A2 size, because I thought it would be a nice size to frame. I made a few changes so that it was a little more unisex, but used all the same original colors. It's very simple, but sweet. I hope she likes it!
Recipe:
PP-My Mind's Eye
CS-Papertrey Ink
Cindy Loo-deer (3 layers) and tree
Gypsy Wandering-grass
MS scallop circle punch
Stamps, Ribbon and Ink-Papertrey Ink (Mixed Messages)
White and Black Sakura Gelly Roll pens
Glossy Accents to accentuate the sweet deer's eye
I do find the layering of the deer a little odd, so I did make a few cuts of each layer in different colors to see what I liked the best. There is actually one more layer which I used on the cards, but decided not to on this one. There are just so many cute images that are great for babies and children and it's so hard to choose sometimes! The good news is there is pretty much always a reason to scrap or make a card.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope I see you back soon!

No comments: