Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!
















I apologize for the quality of the pictures. Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made for my Dad. I got my inspiration from a stamp made by Prima, which basically looks like a musical score. To make the shape card I took an image of a stamp, from B is for Boy, and welded two together to create a standard A2 size card. The top note shape is from Storybook. I made one top note slightly larger to use as a shadow. The music notes, aren't they cool!, are from Gypsy Wanderings.

Recipe
Background Stamp-Prima
Sentiment Stamps and Twine-Papertrey Ink
Kraft and White CS-Bazzil
Blue and Green PP-Heidi Grace ( they have a light damask print)
Background PP-Me & My Big Ideas
Sakura Black Gelly Roll Pen

I didn't use any MME paper on this card at all, crazy huh?! Well, a girl needs to expand her horizons every once in a while.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

2 Ducky said...

Gorgeous Card!!! Totally love it. Not sure I would have noticed those musical notes on wanderings if you hadn't pointed them out?! Would have been my loss. Those are great! BTW- No problems here, I am a total Oregon Fan. (Sometimes a little embarrased by their theatrics but a fan none the less.) In fact, I am wearing their jersey today while I get stuff done to get into the fb spirit since it starts soon. Oh, and thats a beaver and a duck fan your talking too. I support both since I am a Oregon gal. Except civil war, then I go local with the ducks. Only exception to that would be if one of the teams was rosebowl bound, then I'd learn more towards the team that had that great opportunity. How is that for long winded? PHEW!!! Anyways, love your daddy's card. I'll keep checking back for inspiration. Thank you!

Brens Designs said...

Love this card! I didn't know the music notes were on that card either. TFS

FroggieStamps said...

Very cute, I love the shape of the card! :)

Kathryn said...

Very lovely card. I know your father will love it. The Music Notes are a great touch.

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to your next post.

Kathryn

Janice said...

Fantastic Card....masculine but still pretty...just perfect!

Can't wait to see the next one...nudge, nudge

*BJ* said...

Great job on your card. Happy Crafting and Bogging!