Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm back, and we're back to school!

I'm back, anyone miss me?! Although I have been away from my blog for far too long, I assure you I've been working. I made a lot of 'Back to School' projects for my Mom's co-workers, as well as my nephew's new Kindergarten classmates. They were really fun to create, but I was ready to take a break!

From what I understand, there is a die similar to these "milk carton" shaped boxes at Stampin'Up!, but mine were all created by hand. I learned how to make these from a tutorial that Trish did, on her blog, TechniquesbyTrish. She has some really great videos, so check her out!

The boxes are about 3 1/2-inches high and each side is just over 2-inches wide. The boxes I made for my Mom's co-workers were muted tones, with more "mature" patterned paper. I cut out the apple from Create A Critter, and added a cute peachy keen face. Apparently I was too tired after making all of those to remember to take pictures...bummer! But lucky for you I remembered to take photos of the boxes I made for my nephew's class. And here they are in all their primary colored glory!



























The solid paper is Recollections, and the pattern papers are from the DCWV Grade School paper collection.

I cut the frog from Create A Critter at 1.75 inches and his adorable face is a stamp from, of course, Peachy Keen. I actually used the mouth from the cart and stamped his eyes using the Everyday Character Face Parts (PK-494). I used my white gelly roll pen for his eyes and some chalk for his cheeks.

My nephew, who is now officially a Kindergartener, stamped the sentiment and added the treats. 'First Day of School' is from a set I picked up at Michael's by Teacher Clear Stamps, and they have lots of great school related images.

The scalloped circle is a Martha Stewart punch and the twine I tied the boxes with, is some cheap stuff from Fred Meyer. I ran out of my Papertrey Ink twine, but not to fear, I ordered more!

I hope you enjoyed this little project and I'll be back soon!

7 comments:

Janice said...

Those are too cute! The boxes are so unique and perfect for the first day!

Mandy said...

How cute! Great job!

*BJ* said...

Great job! Those boxes are really cute.

Bobbi said...

These are so cute. I love the frog.

Kathryn said...

Oh, too cute!!! You did a great job. Love adore froggies. I have 2 bathrooms that are all frogs. LOL

Thank you for sharing.

Kathryn

Stampin' Dymonz said...

These are fantastic! I'll have to scraplift them for Teacher Appreciation Week this year!! Too cute!!!

Kim Horlander said...

Very cute Kate! I may have to get motivated and started making these now for Valentines Day next year!