Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Goodie Box

Hi friends!

I made some cute Halloween goodie boxes for my nephew's Kindergarten class. I wish I could say I came up with this idea...but I didn't. I learned how to make these "sour cream containers" from Okie at Okieladybug's Scrap N' More. You can find a great video tutorial here















Details:
  • All the cardstock is from My Mind's Eye 'Boo Too You' collection. The box was cut at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.
  • Marvy Uchida paper crimper
  • Mini Monster Cricut Cartridge-Mummy cut at 2 1/2 inches
  • Glossy Accents
Once the containers were created I placed a mini fruit roll and squishy frog inside.













As you can see this is a very simple project. I didn't do any inking or stitching. When it comes to 5-year old children I usually don't spend as much time on their projects since it will probably be in the garbage can within an hour, lol. As long as they don't throw it away while I'm standing there, it's okay. There are certainly a lot of different ways this cute box can be decorated and could be used for adults as well as children.

I really appreciate you stopping by. Please let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These are great Kate! Love the little guys on them too. TFS

Kim Horlander said...

Very cute project. Bet the kids loved them!

Kathryn said...

So cute!!! Great prject, this is one my little could help with. TFS

Kathryn
wamfamily.blogspot.com

Barb Craft said...

Cute project!! I love making these little containers.. you can use them for so much!!
barb :)