Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fun Fall Layout













Hello my scrappy friends. This is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy and I have a wonderful fall LO to share with you today. I took these pictures last week and was totally inspired to get them scrapped. I love fall, the colors and smells that lead to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here is the original layout I designed in my Gypsy. You will notice a scarecrow in this picture that didn't end up on the layout. I kept him though! I also added a lot more leaves.













On this layout I sewed two pieces of paper together. To do this I used tape to attach the cardstock together (see picture). It worked, but it isn't very strong. In the future I think adding a strip of paper to the back of the 2 pieces of cardstock would be a better option.












Here is a picture of the paper in my Janome Sew Mini. I love this little thing.












In this picture you can see the stitching













Here is a close-up of the title and journal tag


















And here are the two pages of the layout





































Details:

  • Mat sizes 4 1/2 x 6 1/2-inches
  • Title-"Fall" cut from the Country Life at 3.75-inches
  • Title Mat-Lacy Labels 4.08-inches
  • Maple leaves-Create A Critter cut at 2, 2 1/4, 2 1/2-inches
  • "Other" leaves-Everyday Paper Dolls cut at 3 1/4, 3 1/2, 5-inches
  • Journal Envelope-Die Cut from Papertrey Ink
  • Journal Tags-Papertrey Ink
  • Satin Ribbon from Papertrey Ink
  • Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
  • Ink from StampinUp!, Papertrey Ink and Colorbox Chalk
  • Brown Cardstock-SEI
  • Pattern Paper-MME 'Ooh La La'
  • Basic Grey yellow brads
A big thanks to Sheila! I hope you enjoyed this layout and thanks for letting me share it with all of you!

3 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Great LO!! I love the title on this one!! And your stitching looks fabulous!!
barb :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Just love this layout Kate and the beautiful coloring. The phots are awesome and I really love the jounaling pocket. Thans for sharing with us today.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Love it Kate - beautiful colors are so inspiring - and there have been plenty with the sunshine in Portland!!! Great layout I just love it!