Happy New Year, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy! I'm so excited to be back at She's A Sassy Lady to share my layout with you. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, I know I did! This layout was inspired by my 5 y.o. nephew Micah, every time he opened a gift he exclaimed, "this is what I always wanted!" He's just too sweet...and cute!
Here's a picture of the layout I designed in my Gypsy. Since I've started posting my projects on a blog I realized how much, and how often, I change my mind. But that's my prerogative, right?! I have to apologize in advance for the lack of picture tutorials, apparently my brain stopped working, but I do have all the cut sizes and other info at the bottom of this post.
I hadn't gotten a chance to use my Jolly Holidays cartridge yet, so I pulled it out. I thought the elf pulling his wagon would be perfect for this layout. And then I remembered the tree from Winter Frolic and decided to stretch it out to place on the opposite page.
Here is a picture of the left page.
And the right page.
Here is a close-up of the title and the tree. You also get a close-up of my nephew eating a crepe, he loves nutella and whip cream!
In this picture you can see the additional stitching and the tag I added to journal.
- Elf -'Jolly Holidays' cut with all his layers at 6-inches
- Gift Boxes-'Christmas Cheer' cut with all layers at 1, 1.5 and 2-inches
- Title-'Winter Frolic' cut with layers and shadow at 2.5-inches
- Tree-'Winter Frolic' cut with layers at 7.85-inches, sized on my Gypsy
- Border-'Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake Art' cut at 1.5-inches. To create this border I welded pieces together using my Gypsy until the length was 11.28-inches. I ended up cutting them as needed, but certainly you could stretch the border across the width of the page (using your Gypsy of course)
- Tag-Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cut at 4.25 and 4.5-inches
Pattern Paper-Fancy Pants (stripes) and My Mind's Eye
Peachy Keen Stamps-Snow Cuties Face Assortment, 1 3/8-inch stamp
Thank you all for stopping by and looking at my layout. I always enjoy reading your comments and want to thank you in advance for the kind words. I'll see you back here soon or over on my blog Sassy and Scrappy!