Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Spring!

Hi scrappers! Well, it's finally here...the weekend! I hope you all are enjoying whatever it is that you're doing. I created a card for a couple of challenges and of course, I had to share it with you.

This card is a little unusual for me because...it's cricut-less! This card is 4 by 9.25-inches and will fit into a business size envelope. The floral layer is cut at 3.75 by 9-inches and the yellow layer is 3.25 by 8.25-inches. I embossed the yellow layer with a background stamp by Stampendous. I absolutely love how it turned out! The flowers were cut using a die from Papertrey Ink, it comes with 3 different sizes, but I just used the two smaller sizes.


The patterned paper is from Echo Park and the solid cardstock is of course, Papertrey Ink. I used the Wide Eyes Face Assortment from Peachy Keen Stamps. I'll tell ya, of all the peachy stamps I have, I think this is my favorite. The sweet faces are just too cute!


I popped up one layer of each flower and then adhered them flat to my card, except for the flower with the sentiment. I actually double popped-up that one. I hope that makes sense, lol!


To finish off my card I added buttons from PTI (the sentiment is from there as well) and used embroidery thread to each button. Oh and the white ribbon is PTI too.

I am going to enter this card in Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge as well as Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday. If you get a chance please check out both of these blogs, they are wonderful!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and I always love reading your comments. And if you have any questions please let me know. I'll see you back here soon.

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

Very nice card, I LOVE the wide eyed kids faces too! Hugs, Cathryn67 :)

Janice W. said...

Great job with the PKS challenge! Nice spring colors and cute flowers! Thanks for playing!

ChatterScene.com said...

Love it. Great job:)

Viv said...

This is such a fresh and pretty card Kate!
Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! xx

Scrappy Beads said...

"Momo Sent Me"... Just poppin' in to say "Hi"... and take a look around. My first time here and a new follower... *Ü*. I'm looking forward to visiting with you often.
**Lots of Hugs**
Deborah
http://www.scrappybeads.blogspot.com
P.S. I ♥ your creativity... *Ü*!

Sandy S. said...

Super cute card. Look forward to seeing more of your creations. I found you through Made by Momo's blog followers post. Following now. =)
Sandy
http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com