Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Multicolored Embossing Technique


Hi scrappers!  Once again it's my turn to post at She's A Sassy Lady.  I hope you enjoy this fun technique I'm sharing with you.  I've seen similar ideas around the blogosphere and wanted to give it a try.


I started by stamping a background stamp with Versamark.  Then I slowly started sprinkling my embossing powder in alternating colors.  Unfortunately, you will "waste" some powder since all the colors will mix together, but I think it's worth it.


And after all my colors are added.  Apparently I missed a spot, bummer.  This picture is before I set the powder with my heat gun.


I also decided to try it on black card stock and I love how it turned out. 


Next I placed my heat embossed pattern on my cutting mat, as you can see I chose to use the black for this card.


Next up, cutting.  Pretty simple, right?!  I chose my sentiment from the Silhouette online store and lined it up in my window so it cut directly on my paper.  If you look close you'll see I accidentally cut off part of my 'y', thank goodness I had a big enough area I could cut it again.


Then I simply put my card together.  I used some twine and a border punch to complete my card design.  I have to admit, it feels like something is missing...but in any case, it's a finished card...for now at least.  Lol.


Details
Stamp:  Hero Arts/Basic Grey-Oxford Collection
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey-'PB and J'
Embossing Powder:  Zing-Red, Yellow, Pewter
Border Punch:  Stampin' Up-Scallop
Twine:  The Twinery-Black
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink
Button:  Papertrey Ink
Versamark 'Dazzle'
Embossing Buddy-Stampin' Up

Thanks for visiting and have a happy and safe 4th of July!

1 comment:

Charlotte C said...

I saw this on Sassy Lady's blog and I was wondering, did you cut this with your Sil or Cricut? It looks like a Cricut mat. And you had no problem with the glitter gunking up your blade/mat? Thanks. It's a great technique.