Thursday, September 22, 2011

Love This Life



Hi scrappers! I'm taking part in the Scrapbooking Boot Camp put on by Ella Publishing. I'm having fun learning new techniques and have been inspired by the creativity. I heard about this on the blog of one of my favorite scrappers Nichol Magouirk, who just happens to be one of the "Design Drill Instructors". The scrapbook page that I'm going to share with you today was inspired by a lesson from Lisa Dickinson on designing with grids. I haven't really done anything like this before, but I can see how versatile it can be. You can expect to see more of this in the future.


I used three 4x6-inch photos. I used my Cricut to die cut the title. I had a piece of paper from My Mind's Eye that I used for the journal spots. I cut it in half and used part on the bottom left and top right of my page. I like how it draws your eye diagonally across the page, bringing attention to the photos. It also helps break up a photo heavy layout.

This page was quick to put together which is always a plus since most of us are usually behind on our scrapping.

Details:
  • Title: 'love', life'-Nate's ABC's cut at 1.25-inches and 'this'-Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art cut at 1.5-inches
  • Pattern Paper-My Mind's Eye 'Hattie and Rose'
  • Twine: Papertrey Ink
  • Buttons: Papertrey Ink and Stampin Up!
  • Journal Card and Sticker: My Mind's Eye
  • Stamps: Technique Tuesday
  • Mini Paperclip: Tim Holtz
Thanks for stopping by. I hope this inspires you to try out a new technique or sign up for a crafty class. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lisa M. Zepponi said...

I like your take on the grid design drill! Like your blog too!

Lisa Dickinson said...

way to make the grid work with 4x6 photos Kate! nice job :)