Onto my card. I purchased this beautiful 6x6 paper stack from Authentique that I've been really excited to use. As I was thinking about what I wanted to create I realized I didn't have any ribbon that matched my paper, so I thought I'd try and create my own.
I started with white grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up, then I pulled out a few colors of glimmer mist, a pink and a red. I honestly didn't know if this would even work so I started with a really small piece of ribbon to test it out.
I combined my colors and the used my heat gun to dry the ribbon...and it worked! As I went along I compared it to the paper I was going to use and was really happy with the end result.
Next, instead of die cutting embellishments I created my own. I took the piece of paper above and cut out a few of the flowers.
I wanted to create pleating with my ribbon so I adhered glue to the back of a piece of trimmed paper. Again I apologize for the photos, but hopefully you can get an idea from the picture above.
Since the ribbon adds volume I adhered dimensional adhesive to the paper before adding it to my card.
- Base Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
- Pattern Paper: Authentique 'Uncommon'
- Glimmer Mist: Starfish and Tattered Rose
- Ribbon: Stampin' Up!
- Brads: My Mind's Eye
- Stamp: Technique Tuesday 'Sweet Somethings'
Thank you so much for checking out my project today. I'm sorry it wasn't very in-depth, but I'm sure you all can understand my situation...it was just one of those days.