Hey scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy! I hope you all are enjoying your summer with family and friends, I certainly am. The pictures I chose to scrap today are of my nephew decorating some $1 bird houses I picked up at Michael's, they are gifts for his Mom and my Mom (Grammy) for Mother's Day. As you will see in the pictures he loves using lots of bling and flowers. He had a vision, so I let the little artist run free with my supplies...well, with a little supervision. Lol!
Here is a sample of the paper and cardstock stickers I used.
I decided to cut a pair of scissors and a bottle of glue to add to my layout. Both of these items came from Nate's ABC's.
In the two pictures above I tried to show a little bit of my process. I cut and lay out my paper and embellishments where I think they will go, before adhering anything. As you can see I ended up moving things around.
This is a picture of the tag I added my journalling to. I used 2 different stamp sets and a border punch from Fiskars.
A close-up of the Cricut embellishments I created with the help of my Gypsy.
Instead of using one of my cartridges for the title of this layout I decided to used a combination of Thickers and alphabet stickers. I like the variation in color and style of the letters.
- Pattern Paper and stickers: October Afternoon "Fly A Kite"
- Solid Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
- Thickers: American Crafts
- Alphabet Stickers: My Mind's Eye
- Twine: The Twinery
- Glue cut from Nate's ABC's at 2.75-inches
- Scissors cut from Nate's ABC's at 2 -inches
- Buttons and Kraft Twine: Papertrey Ink
- Mini Paperclip and designer masking tape: Tim Holtz
- Border Punch: Fiskars "Notebook"
- Stamps-Technique Tuesday, Unity Stamps